Thursday, April 22, 2010

First outing after an 8 month hiatus.

Went up to the LGS tonight and played a couple games at 1250. As this was the first game of 40K I have played since last year's 'Ard Boyz I figured I would ease myself in with a few laid back friendly games. First game went well with the Cadian 109th shooting like champions. Game ended on a draw on account of some newbie decisions I made such as not moving my chimera full of troops onto the objective on 6th turn whereby snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. All said and done it was a great game against a really fun player. Second game went a little poorly for me. Dice were not with me on my shooting and I kinda played overly defensive against a Space Wolf player. Being my first time playing against the new Codex I should have been more aggressive and concentrated firepower before moving on to another unit. That game ended in a loss at the bottom of five. All told I had a good time, need to remember some key points of 40K and get used to using the army all over again. Special thanks go out to my opponents Ken, and Mark for being patient with me while I waded through remembering the rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment